Sequin ... "Sparkling Sequin," "Beauty to the 4th Dimension," "Miss Bikini of 1955."
Daughter of a Hollywood barber and grew up in the Bay Area of California. Started her striptease career around 1952 at age 24* as a chorus girl at the New Follies Theater in Los Angeles, CA. as "Gerri Donelle." She had many acts including "The Bashful Bride," "The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing" but her most famous was her "Dahlia and Harem Girls Routines."
By 1954 she was the holder of nine beauty crowns, including "Miss Malibu Beach," and "Miss Bikini Bathing suit of 1/1954 (whom she sued later)." She's was the sweetheart of Battery D, 142nd Anti-Aircraft Battalion, in the Bronx, which named a halftrack after her. She was a Jazz singer before she started stripping and around 1955 signed with the Lee Kraft agency and went full time as a singer after she retired from peeling². She was also on the cover of the July '56 issue of 'GALA' magazine.
Photo 1: Miss Sequin is seen here kneeling on a couch in her Harem Girl costume.
- Birth Name: Geraldine 'Gerri' Garner
- Birth Date: 1928* (1931)
- Birth Place: Southern California, USA
- Married: Tony Tamburello (Piano Player, 4 Children)
- Parents: n/a
- Clubs/Theaters: Gayety | New Follies Theatre (CA) | Showbar (FL) |
- Songs: I Must Have That Man | Invitation To The Blues | Sister Kate |