How to do the Boomps-A-Daisy
1) Partners face each other, gentleman facing wall. On first beat clap each other's hands (gentleman's right against lady's left and vice versa) and shout "HANDS.'"
2) In the same position as above, partners slap their own knees on first beat of the second measure shout "KNEES!"
&) Turning about 1/4 to left- the gentleman "humps" his right hip against lady's left hip. The lady has also turned about 1/4 to right. As the bump is made in the first beat of the third measure shout "BOOMPS!" and on the third beat shout "A."
4) Turning back to original position, lady and gentleman bow to each other, shouting "DAY!" on first beat. And Shout "SY" on third beat of the fourth measure.
5) (5th Measure of Music) Gentleman steps to left side on left foot on first beat. On second and third beats he swings his right leg across his left. The lady, facing gentleman, does corresponding movements, stepping to right side on right foot and swinging left leg.
6) Gentleman steps to right side on right foot on first beat. On second and third beats he swings his left leg across his right. T he lady, facing gentleman, does corresponding movements, stepping to left side on left foot and swinging the right leg
7) Gentleman, commencing with left foot, moves forward on first beat of seventh measure, dances six steps of left waltz turn on his own to finish facing partner. Lady dances six steps of right waltz turn, commencing wi'h the right foot and moving forward to finish facing partner.
8) At the end of the eighth measure the lady and gentleman should both be facing each other as in starting position. Then the dance starts over again.