Annabelle Moore ... "Ziegfeld Girl," "the original Gibson Girl"
At age 15 Annabelle achieved much notoriety by dancing in Chicago's 1893 Columbian World Exposition. She did at least two early 1890's Edison Films entitled "The Butterfly Dance" and "The Serpentine dance," (both in the videos on the left.) Annabelle was Ziegfeld Follies dancer in 1907 and a Nell Brinkley Girl in the 1908 follies. Also portrayed a 'Gibosn' Girl'. Annabelle is reported to have earned upwards of $1,000 per week. After her marriage to Buchan she retired from dancing.
a few years after her husband died Annabelle passed away in Chicago at the age of 83 on November 30, 1961, reportedly penniless.
- Birth Name: Annabelle Whitford Moore
- Birth Date: 7/6/1878-11/29//1961
- Birth Place: Chicago, IL. USA
- Married: Dr. Edward James Buchan
- Parents: W.S. Moore (stepfather) |
- Clubs/Theaters: Iroquois Theater |
- Florodora Girls Page | Goldwyn Girls Page | John Tiller Page | Samual Roxy Page | Ziegfeld Girls page