Barbara Stanwyck ... ""Missy," "The Queen," "Babs.""
Vintage Burlesque Actress, Dancer, Model. Barbara quit school at the age of thirteen and after working various jobs started her career as a dancer and became a chorus girl at age seventeen in New York, then onto the Ziegfeld Follies. Danced with notables such as Clifton Webb and Donald O'Conner. Was the female lead in 'Lady of Burlesque.'
B/W Photo 6: Miss Stanwyck is seen here leaning against a ladder in a saloon girl costume with Opera Gloves and medium heels.
- Birth Name: Ruby Catherine Stevens
- Birth Date: 7/16/1907 - 1/20/1990
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, NY.
- Married: Frank Fay ('28 )| Robert Taylor ('39)
- Some Films: Broadway Nights [Fan Dancer] ('27) | Ladies of Leisure ('30) | Lady of Burlesque ('42) |
Ten Cents a Dance ('31)| Forbidden ('32) | Ladies They Talk About ('33) | Woman in Red ('35) |
Ball of Fire ('41) | Flesh and Fantasy ('43) | Variety Girl ('47).
- See More: ... Barbara Stanwyck