Barbara Stanwyck ... ""Missy," "The Queen," "Babs.""
Vintage Burlesque Actress, Dancer, Model. Barbara quit school at the age of thirteen and after working various jobs started her career as a dancer and became a chorus girl at age seventeen in New York, then onto the Ziegfeld Follies. Danced with notables such as Clifton Webb and Donald O'Conner. Was the female lead in 'Lady of Burlesque.'
B/W Photo 1: Miss Stanwyck is seen here sitting in a sexy pose for the camera. She is wearing a long black velvet dress with a printed top and wide brimmed hat, and ankle ribbon high heels. Her dress has a white spider embroidered upon it and her fishnet leggings have bats on them.
- Birth Name: Ruby Catherine Stevens
- Birth Date: 7/16/1907 - 1/20/1990
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, NY.
- Married: Frank Fay ('28 )| Robert Taylor ('39)
- Some Films: Broadway Nights [Fan Dancer] ('27) | Ladies of Leisure ('30) | Lady of Burlesque ('42) |
Ten Cents a Dance ('31)| Forbidden ('32) | Ladies They Talk About ('33) | Woman in Red ('35) |
Ball of Fire ('41) | Flesh and Fantasy ('43) | Variety Girl ('47).
- See More: ... Barbara Stanwyck