What's New (Up and Coming) at Sonny's "VSDC Club" Events
- April 29, 2015:
Aiden Keith-Hayes will be DJ'ing. Come on down and help support this young
mans WCS DJ journey, We think he's pretty good :)
- May 6th, 2015:
A day late, but will be good for sure. Our annual Cinco de Mayo WCS Dance and
Mexican Potluck. More Latin WCS Music will be played plus all yout Favorites!
- May 27th, 2015:
Our "All WCS Blues Night" returns, Last year was HUGE! You don't want to miss it.
Click on the banner on the left to take you to the Facebook Event Page for more
Valley Swing Dance Club Weekly Dance Night
| JOIN US ! ... COME DANCE WITH US. |
If your looking for a fun and easy way to get some exercise, get out of the house or just to meet NEW people, West Coast Swing dancing with the Valley Swing Dance Club is the way to go. Are You tired of sitting around the house with your significant other, arguing about the remote ... or maybe new to the area ... Always wanted to learn to dance, Need some exercise ... Work to much or maybe just need to re-enter the singles social scene in a friendly environment etc. ... try West Coast Swing dancing.
Its FUN, SAFE and GREAT EXERCISE and most of all cost less than a movie (You do not need to be a member to participate.) We get a good turnout throughout the night with great people of all races, Religions, Ethnic Backgrounds and All Ages (average age is thirty to forrty something's with some older and younger.) Beginning Lesson starts at: 7pm.
If you already dance 'West Coast Swing' you will have a good time with other people who enjoy dancing West Coast Swing as well in the San Fernando Valley (Southern California) and surrounding areas as well as other dances like Hustle, NC2S, Salsa an more. We get a great mix of dancers from young to old and from Beginning to Champion Dancers alike.
Plus the earlier intermediate and up dance lesson at 8:30 can give you a new step or three. So what are you waiting for ... come dance with us. V.S.D.C. Membership is never required but joining can save you $$$.
|"The hardest part about learning to dance is showing up"... SO SHOW UP!
If your new you probably feel like you have two left feet, maybe un-coordinated and don't want to look silly or feel stupid in front of other
people. You may even feel you can't do it cause you have never danced before and everyone else knows how. If that's the only reason you are
holding back ... 'forget-about-it' ... as this is a very common feeling with 'ALL' who take up dancing and no one will be judging you while you are learning, as they are to busy feeling just like you (you may even learn how to laugh at yourself from time to time).
If you can walk, count to eight and want to do something else besides watch TV or search the Net you can learn to SOCIAL DANCE. But, be prepared ... the first week is fun, but can be a little scary, confusing and intimidating your very first time ... so relax and just have some fun and don't take it so seriously, we'll do that for you. So let us worry about your progress!. It is Exhilarating, Fun and Good Exercise. Plus it makes the people at work think you "HAVE A LIFE" (wink ;) ...
(Average learning time is around four Wednesdays to feel comfortable about dancing after the class.)
New "Beginner Dance Classes" start on the "FIRST Wednesday" of each Month... Get our Schedule!
|Lesson and Dance Schedule Overview|
- Beginning 'West Coast Swing' Lesson Starts at: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. (Last Weds of the Month is the "8 count Whip!")
- Intermediate and up 'West Coast Swing' Lesson goes from: 8:30 to 9pm(ish.)
- West Coast Swing Dancing starts around: 9pm(ish) till 12 midnight.
- For ADDITIONAL LESSON INFORMATION : Get Sonny's SCHEDULE | or our Instructional DVD's
|O.K. ... I'm Not a beginner ... just give me the details.|
- Big, Safe, Well Lit, Onsite, Private Fenced, 125 Car Parking lot (plus another lot across street and street parking.)
- WCS Lessons from 7 to 9pm with Sonny Watson and Denise Gibson. | WCS Social Dance 9 to Midnight.
- Huge Hard Wood Dance Floor! (Average night is about 70 people and sometimes upward to 150.)
- All Ages from 18 years old to 70 years young! (Average age is 30 to 40 something's.)
- Fully stocked - No Host Bar! :) (water, juices, sodas, wine and beer and name brand hard liquors.) ... sorry, you may not bring your own water/drinks.
- Equally Freeway Close (the 405, 101 and 118 freeways.)
- Good Air Conditioning (during the summer!.)
- Club Membership is never required.
- $10 cover charge ($8 members).
- Plenty of off floor seating (and standing room!... for those who like to be mobile.)
| Location Details
|Valley Swing Dance Club meets every Wednesday Night|
- Where: We use the American Legion Hall's main ballroom.
- Address: 7338 Canby Avenue, Reseda California (aka: San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles County)
1 Block east of Reseda Blvd. and 1 and 1/2 Block north of Sherman Way
(directly behind the Pep Boys Auto Store on Reseda Blvd.)
- $ 10.00 COVER CHARGE ($8 Members).
- MapQuest View - Get Map to Club (Note: No Dance Christmas and New Years Weeks.)
Buckle Up! ... Please, Don't Drink & Drive (this is a non-smoking ballroom).
||- US OPEN Pre Party DANCE (NOVEMBER 25, 2015) -
-- Thanksgiving week -- Different location than our regular weekly dance night --
GETTING THE PARTY STARTED !!!!
- Official Pre-Party to the US Open: Hosted by Sonny Watson, Jack Smith and Ben Morris on November 25, 2015 at the Marriott Hotel in Burbank (same location as US Open). Int. Lessons from 7-9pm. with Ben and Sonny. Exhibition's and Great WCS dancing after lessons. There will be many people from out of town present as well as many locals. You won't want to miss it!. The cost for this combined dance will be $10 for the classes or dance, $15 for both. Hope to see everyone there! ...
- watch here for updated information closer to date.
- Here is the itinerary for the dance: (subject to change)
- 6:00 - 7:00 open dancing - recorded music (Dance warm up).
- 7:00 - 7:45 Int. Level Workshop - Ben Morris
- 8:00 - 8:45 Int. Level Workshop - Sonny Watson
- 8:45 - 1:00 am - Open Dancing - DJ Jumpin' Jack Smith
PLUS! ... US Open Competitors will do some dance Exhibitions throughout the night.
(for more info click: US Open Website | FaceBook 2012 Pre-Party event page | 2012 Photo's )